QLD (07) 3262 6009   |   NSW (02) 4339 7314

Ask Us

Q. Do I need a referral to see a Speech Langage Pathologist?

A. No, just call us and we will book you in to see one of our therapists.

Q. Are there rebates available to help cover the cost?

A. There are rebates available through Medicare plans. Your GP or Paediatrician will talk to you about the availability of these. Alternatively, discuss this with your therapist following the assessment of your child. Most private health funds provide rebates under their 'extras' cover, but it is best to check your cover first.

Q. Does my 'Helping Children with Autism Package' and the 'Better Start Program' funding cover Speech Language Pathology assessments and therapy?

A. Both FaHCSIA packages cover speech therapy.

Q. My child has problems socialising because they have trouble communicating. Does speech therapy help?

A. Yes, a Speech Language Pathologist works on both social skills and speech and communication. At All About Kids, counsellors and psychologists can also work together with your therapist to develop the best intervention for your child. Discuss this with your therapist.

Q. Do you give me ideas or a program to work with my child at home?

A. Yes, the best outcomes are when the therapy session goals are followed through at home, school and childcare.